- 6 Carrots Medium
- ½ Onion Small
- 1 Lemon Small
- 3 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Raisins Dark or golden
- 2 Small Mixing Bowl
- Box Grater
- Medium Bowl
- Rinse and peel carrots and onion.
- Shred carrots with a grater. Dice onion.
- Rinse lemon and cut in half. In a small bowl, squeeze juice. Discard seeds.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots and onions.
- In a second small bowl, combine oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, and 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice. Mix well. Let marinate 5 minutes.
- Pour liquid mixture over carrots and onions. Stir in raisins. Mix well.
- Replace half of the carrot with grated jicama or apples, if you like.
- For best taste, allow flavors to blend before serving. Let sit 15-20 minutes after you have mixed in the sauce in step 6.
- Serve as a colorful side dish for fish, poached chicken, or baked or broiled chicken legs.
- Layer onto a sandwich with lean turkey and fresh veggies like cucumber.
Keyword Carrot, Carrots, Curry Powder, Gluten Free, Lemon, Onion, Onions, Raisin, Raisins, Salad, Vegan, Vegetarian