Mock Southern Sweet Potato Pie
Full of sweet potato flavor, this delicious pie will be a hit at your next holiday meal.
- 1¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ⅓ cup Milk Non-fat
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar Packed
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk Non-fat, canned
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes Cooked, skin removed, and mashed
- Mixing Bowl
- Wax Paper
- Baking Dish
- Pie Plate
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add milk and oil to the flour mixture.
- Stir with fork until well mixed and then form pastry into a smooth ball with your hands.
- Roll the ball between two 12 inch squares of waxed paper using short, brisk strokes until pastry reaches edge of paper.
- Peel off top paper and invert crust into pie plate.
- Combine sugars, salt, spices, and eggs.
- Add milk and vanilla. Stir.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 16 slices.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, Brown Sugar, Eggs, Milk, Nutmeg, Salt, Sugar, Sweet Potatoes, Vanilla Extract, Vegetable Oil