- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats Or bread crumbs
- 1 pound Ground Turkey Lean
- 1/2 cup Onion Chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot Chopped or grated
- 1/2 cup Tomate Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Or 1/4 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- Salt To taste
- Black Pepper To taste
- 2 Medium Bowl
- Microwave-Safe Bowl
- In medium bowl, mix egg and oats or bread crumbs.
- Add turkey, onion, carrot, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, make sauce by mixing tomato sauce, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Add half of the sauce to the meat mixture.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a microwave-safe dish.
- Spoon the sauce mixture over top of the meatloaf, just until covered. Cover with waxed paper or a paper towel.
- Cook 5–6 minutes.
- Turn dish in microwave and cook 5 minutes more. Repeat until cooked through.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. total cooking time depends on your microwave.
- Chef tip: you can use any kind of ground meat in this recipe. If possible, choose lean meat such as ground turkey breast, ground chicken, or extra-lean ground beef.
Keyword Black Pepper, Brown Sugar, Carrot, Dijon Mustard, Egg, Green Onion, Ground Turkey, Rolled Oats, Salt, Tomato Sauce