- 4 Turnips Large; peeled and cubed
- 1 Potato Russet potato; peeled and cubed
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion Small; chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sage Dried
- 1 cup Milk
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- Large Pot
- Small Saucepan
- In a large pot of cold salted water, bring the turnips and potatoes to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer, until soft and tender- about 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sage, and sauté until tender- when the sage is fragrant and the butter begins to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add the milk, bring to a simmer.
- In a colander, drain the turnips and potatoes, then put them back in the pot they were cooked in. Add the warm milk mixture. Roughly mash until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Keyword Butter, Mashed, Milk, Onion, Potato, Potatoes, Russet Potato, Sage, Turnips