- 2½ pounds Rutabaga Peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- ¼ cup Sour Cream Low-fat; add more or less to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Dill Or chives; fresh and chopped
- Large Pot
- Potato Masher
- Cover the chopped rutabaga with about 1 inch of cold water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and boil until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Drain cooked rutabaga and return to pot.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the rutabaga steam for a minute or two.
- Mash with a potato masher, add butter, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving mix in chopped dill or chives.
Keyword Butter, Chives, Dill, Mashed, Rutabaga, Sour Cream