- 1 pound Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- ¼ cup Milk Low-fat
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- Large Stovetop Pot
- Potato Masher
- Cut potatoes in half. Place in large stovetop pot, cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle boil and cook until potatoes are tender.
- When potatoes are tender, drain and mash the potatoes with a fork or a potato masher.
- Stir in butter, salt, pepper, and milk. Return to low heat and stir until warm if needed.
Keyword Butter, Mashed Potatoes, Milk, Potatoes