- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Medium or large; finely diced
- 1 Celery Stalk Finely chopped
- 3 Carrots Large; peeled and chopped
- 7 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 can Tomato Paste 6 ounces
- 1 can Tomato Sauce 15 ounces
- 2 cans Italian Tomatoes 14.5-ounce cans; diced
- 2 Tablespoons Basil Dried, sweet
- 1 teaspoon Oregano Dried
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Salt To your taste
- Ground Black Pepper To your taste
- 2 cups Red Lentils Rinsed
- 2 cups Water
- Large Skillet
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion, celery, carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened- about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, stirring frequently for 30 seconds. Add tomato paste, stir for one minute.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with juice, basil, oregano, and baking soda. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Stir in lentils and water. Simmer, stirring regularly, until lentils have softened- about 20 to 30 minutes. Serve by itself or over pasta.
Keyword Basil, Bolognese Sauce, Carrot, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Lentils, Onion, Oregano, Pasta Sauce, Tomato Paste, Tomato Sauce, Tomatoes