Lemon Asparagus Pasta
Quick and easy pasta with fresh lemon, asparagus, spaghetti, olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 lb Asparagus Trimmed and cut into 2-in pieces
- 1 lb Spaghetti Noodles Whole grain
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves Garlic Peeled and minced
- 2 Lemons Medium, zest and juice
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- 2 Egg Yolks Large
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated or shredded
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch asparagus for 2-3 minutes. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon and shock in a large bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Add spaghetti to the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain spaghetti, reserving about 1 cup pasta water. Set aside.
- In the same pot, heat ¼ cup olive oil to medium-high. Add garlic and sauté 60-90 seconds, until fragrant. Add lemon zest and juice. Add 1 cup pasta water and bring to a simmer for about a minute, allowing it to slightly thicken. Add spaghetti back into the pot and toss with a generous dash of salt and black pepper. Shut off the heat.
- Add egg yolks and toss, using tongs. Add ½ cup Parmesan cheese and continue to toss the pasta, until it forms a creamy sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Add asparagus and toss to combine.
- Distribute pasta into bowls and top with a drizzle of olive oil, Parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.
Cooking Tip: Add cooked salmon or chicken to make this a complete dish.
Keyword Asparagus, Egg Yolks, Garlic Cloves, Ground Black Pepper, Lemon Zest, Lemons, Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese, Salt, Spaghetti Noodles