- 1 pound Hake Fillets
- 1 pound Potatoes Peeled (or unpeeled and scrubbed clean), and cut into chunks
- 1 Onion Small, yellow or red, finely diced
- 1 Bell Pepper Red or green, finely diced
- 4 ounces Butter
- 1 Egg
- Dried Seasoning Mix Homemade fish rub, adobo, xawaash, Old Bay, piri piri, etc.
- Large Pot
- Fill pot with a few inches of water and melt half a stick of butter in it. Add hake fillet and steam/boil until flaky. When done, drain, shred and set aside.
- Boil potatoes until soft. Drain and mash when done.
- Sauté onions and peppers.
- Combine potatoes, onions, peppers, and egg with fish.
- With gloved hands, work all the ingredients together. Form into small patties. Dust with seasoning.
- Turn your griddle/stove on high and heat oil. Carefully place the cakes in. Flipping when browned on one side. Everything is already cooked, so you just need to crisp up the outside!
Keyword Bell Pepper, Butter, Egg, Fish, Fish Cakes, Fish Rub, Gluten Free, Green Bell Pepper, Hake, Hake Fillets, Oil, Olive Oil, Onion, Onions, Potato, Potatoes, Seafood, Seasoning