- 1 1/2 pounds Summer Squash Or zucchini
- 2 Bunches Scapes
- 3 ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1 Grill Or oven
- Slice off the tops and bottoms of the zucchini and slice them in half lengthwise, then cut them in half lengthwise again. They should look like pickle spears. Place them all in a large bowl and coat with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt and a few cracks of pepper.
- Put the zucchini & squash in a grill basket.
- Wash and dry the scapes. Break off the harder, woody ends that don’t have the bulb. Using your hands, coat garlic scapes in olive oil and 1 teaspoon kosher salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Prepare your grill to medium high to heat. Toss scapes directly on the grill and put the grill basket with zucchini on next to them. Turn both sets of vegetables a few times, and remove them when they’re soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, a lighter shade of green and golden brown in parts. You want to see a nice char, this means flavor!
- Remove from grill and finish with a big squeeze of fresh lemon over all the vegetables, and lightly toss. Finish with freshly grated parmesan if desired. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
Keyword Olive Oil, Parmesan, Scapes, Summer Squash, Zucchini