Garlic Sautéed Collard Greens
No need for long boiling or steaming times with this quick and easy method for sauteed collards!
- 1 can Collard Greens
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Mirin Or apple cider vinegar
- Warm the olive oil in a wide skillet. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 90 seconds. Add the spices (salt through red pepper flakes), stir, and cook for 30 seconds more until toasted.
- Stir in the collard greens, stirring well to coat with the spices, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until softened and reduced in size by about half. Add the mirin or other liquid, stir in well, and quickly cover the pan with a lid. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let steam, covered, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir well. If needed, continue cooking until desired softness is reached. Serve warm.
Keyword Collard Greens, Garlic, Ground Black Pepper, Olive Oil, Paprika, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt