- 2 cups Strawberries Frozen
- 1 cup Blueberries Frozen
- 1 cup Mango Frozen chunks
- 2 Bananas Medium
- 2 Kiwis
- 1 can Pineapple 15 ounces; canned chunks in juice
- 3 Tablespoons Mint Leaves Optional
- ½ cup Coconut Optional; shredded and toasted
- ½ cup Almonds Optional; slivered
- Small Pot
- Large Bowl
- Thaw frozen fruit in the refrigerator until no longer hard, but still cool to the touch.
- Drain canned pineapple, reserving juice.
- Peel and slice bananas and kiwis.
- In a large bowl, add bananas, kiwis, pineapple, and thawed fruit. Mix.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add reserved pineapple juice. Stir. Heat until juice thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Allow juice to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- If using, rinse and chop mint leaves.
- Pour thickened pineapple juice over fruit salad. Mix to coat fruit. If using, mix in mint, coconut, and almonds.
- Use any fruits you like. To cut costs, choose fruits in season or on sale. Choose frozen and canned fruit in juice and with no added sugar.
- To toast coconut: Heat oven to 300°F. Place coconut shreds on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 5 minutes or until light brown.
- Try serving for breakfast. Use as a topping for oatmeal or plain, nonfat yogurt.
- Use leftover frozen fruit in fruit smoothies.
Keyword Banana, Blueberries, Frozen Fruit, Fruit, Mango, Pineapple, Strawberries