- 1 head Lettuce Torn into small pieces
- 2 medium Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper Seeded and chopped
- Cooking Spray
- 1 lb Ground Beef Or ground turkey
- 1 can Pinto Beans 15.5oz, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup Salsa
- Tortilla Chips Crumbled
- Frying Pan
- Wash and prepare lettuce, tomatoes and bell pepper. Combine salad in a large bowl.
- Coat frying pan with cooking spray, brown the meat and onion. Remove from heat and drain off fat and liquid.
- Add beans and salsa to cooled meat mixture and spoon on top of the salad.
- Serve with additional salsa and crumbled tortilla chips.
- Avoid cross-contamination by washing hands with hot soapy water before touching other ingredients and everything that comes in contact with raw meat, equipment and work places.
- Try different beans, such as kidney beans, or black beans.
- For extra flavor, add 1 cup shredded cheese.
Keyword Green Bell Pepper, Lettuce, Pinto Beans, Tomato, Tortilla Chips