Eggplant Parmesan Bites
A bite-size version of one of my favorite entrees. It's eggplant Parmesan you can eat while standing up! Serve warm or room temperature.
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Eggplant Small, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs Italian-seasoned
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 24 Pita Chips
- 24 Cherry Tomatoes
- 24 Basil Leaves
- Small Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons salt over eggplant rounds in colander; allow to drain at least 30 minutes. Rinse salt off the eggplant.
- Spread bread crumbs into a small shallow bowl and beat egg in a separate bowl. Dip eggplant into egg, allowing excess egg to drip off the eggplant; press into bread crumbs until eggplant slices are evenly coated on both sides.
- Arrange coated eggplant on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Mix remaining 1 teaspoon salt with ricotta cheese in a bowl. Spoon ricotta cheese mixture onto each eggplant.
- Bake eggplant in the oven until cheese is heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place 1 eggplant slice onto each pita chip; top with a cherry tomato and basil leaf.
- You can also use fresh mozzarella in place of the ricotta, if desired.
- Crackers or toast rounds can be substituted for the pita chips.
- If eggplant rounds are large, cut in half so the eggplant fits on your crackers.
Keyword Basil, Bread Crumbs, Cherry Tomatoes, Egg, Eggplant, Olive Oil, Pita Chips, Ricotta Cheese, Sea Salt