- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- ½ Onion Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Grated, or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Green Chili Pepper Seeded and chopped
- 1 Eggplant Chopped
- 1 Potato Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- ½ cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk Or plain yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons Cilantro Fresh, chopped
- Large Pot
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir once or twice for even cooking.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Add salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk or yogurt. Add cilantro and serve.
Keyword Cilantro, Coconut Milk, Curry, Curry Powder, Eggplant, Fresh Ginger, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Ginger, Gluten Free, Green Chili Peppers, Oil, Onion, Potato, Tomato, Tomato Paste, Unsweetened Coconut Milk, Vegan, Vegetarian, Yogurt