- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil Or vegetable oil
- 1 Zucchini Medium, shredded
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 can Beef 24 ounces, drained
- 1 can Black beans 14 ounces, low-sodium, drained
- ¼ cup Salsa
- 3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Salt-free, see notes
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- 12 Corn Tortillas Hard or soft
- 3 Tomatoes Optional; plum tomatoes
- 1 head Lettuce Optional; shredded
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper Optional; thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cheese Optional; shredded, low-fat
- ½ cup Sour Cream Optional; low-fat
- Lime Optional; wedges for serving
- Cilantro Optional
- Large Skillet
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the shredded zucchini and garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, or until the liquid from the zucchini has mostly cooked off.
- Add in the drained can of beef, beans, salsa, and taco seasoning, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and use two forks to shred the beef into bite-size pieces. Continue to cook over low heat until the beef and beans are warmed through, adding a splash of water if it’s getting too dry. Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the beef mixture in each tortilla, and add toppings of your choice (diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, jalapeño, cheese, and sour cream). If using, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge on the side.
- Use salt-free store-bought seasoning, or make your own Homemade Taco Seasoning.
Keyword Beef, Black Beans, Canned Beef, Cheese, Cherry Tomatoes, Cilantro, Corn Tortillas, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Jalapeño Pepper, Lettuce, Lime, Oil, Olive Oil, Salsa, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Taco Seasoning, Tomato, Tortillas, Zucchini