- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion Medium, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 8 cups Carrots Corsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- Salt To taste
- 1 pinch Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Peanuts Chopped, for garnish
- Cilantro Chopped, for garnish
- Large Pot
- Add the oil to a large, heavy bottomed soup pot. Place the pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until they’ve have softened, 4-5 minutes. Add thecarrots, curry powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and chili pepper flakes. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Simmer the mixture until the carrots soften, 12-15 minutes.Stir in the peanut butter. Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth. Add more salt to taste. Serve hot, garnished with the peanuts and cilantro.
Keyword Carrots, Cilantro, Curry Powder, Garlic Cloves, Onion, Peanut Butter, Peanuts, Red Chili Pepper Flakes, Salt, Unsweetened Coconut Milk, Vegetable Broth, Vegetable Oil