- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Leeks Stalks
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 cup Corn Frozen
- 4 Potatoes Medium; peeled and diced
- 2 Carrots Medium; peeled and diced
- 4 cups Broth Reduced-sodium; chicken or vegetable
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Optional
- Large Pot
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Cut off the root ends and dark green tops of the leeks. Slice the white/light-green stalks lengthwise, clean thoroughly, cut into small pieces.
- Add the leeks, garlic, and frozen corn to the pot, and cook for a few minutes until the leeks have softened and the corn thawed. Add the potatoes and carrots and broth. All the vegetables should be covered in liquid.
- Bring to a boil, then turn to low heat, simmer until the potatoes and carrots are soft- about 20 minutes.
- Puree about half the soup in a blender. Add the pureed soup back to the pot. Season with nutmeg, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using).
Keyword Broth, Carrot, Carrots, Cayenne, Cayenne Pepper, Chicken Broth, Corn, Frozen Corn, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Garlic Powder, Leeks, Low Sodium Broth, Nutmeg, Oregano, Potato, Potatoes, Vegetable Broth