- 1 lb Leeks
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Sour Cream Low-fat
- 1 tsp Cumin Crushed
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded; half is for an optional topping
- Sauté the leeks in the butter until they are soft and begin to caramelize- about 10 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Cut the bottom part of the Brussels sprouts and halve or quarter them.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the Brussels sprouts, cook for 5 minutes, drain.
- Sauté the brussels sprouts in olive oil, salt, and pepper, until they begin to get a nice color- 5 to 7 minutes. Add the leeks, stir.
- Mix the cumin into the sour cream, add to the pan. Add the garlic. Stir.
- Stir in half a cup of the Parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust the garlic/salt/pepper content. Cook for a couple more minutes.
- Optional: sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top, and put the frying pan under the broiler to melt.
Keyword Brussels Sprouts, Cumin, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Garlic Powder, Leeks, Parmesan Cheese, Sour Cream