- 1½ pounds Pork Chops Thin cut, about 6 pork chops
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil Or olive oil
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup Reduced sodium
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream Low fat
- ¼ cup Green Onions Chopped
- 2 cans Apricot Halves 15-ounce cans
- 6 cups Whole Wheat Pasta Or wide egg noodles
- Large, Heavy-Bottomed Skillet with Lid
- Large Pot
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- Drain both cans of apricots, reserving ½ cup of the juice. Set both the apricots and reserved liquid aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the pork chops in the oil, about 2 minutes per side or until nicely browned. Transfer the pork chops to a plate and pour off any fat remaining in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, reserved apricot liquid, and green onions to the pan, stirring until a smooth sauce is formed. Return the pork chops to the pan, nestling them in the sauce. Bring everything to a simmer, then reduce the heat and cover, stirring occasionally and simmering until the pork chops are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the pork chops are done, add the apricot halves into the sauce.
- Serve the pork chops over whole wheat pasta or the egg noodles, with sauce spooned over top.
Keyword Apricot, Canned Apricot, Cream of Chicken Soup, Egg Noodles, Green Onion, Green Onions, Olive Oil, Pasta, Pork, Pork Chops, Sour Cream, Vegetable Oil, Whole Wheat Pasta