Cottage Cheese Alfredo Sauce
This Alfredo sauce skips the heavy cream and butter, but still allows for a taste of indulgence.
- 1½ cups Cottage Cheese
- 1½ cups Evaporated Milk Nonfat
- 3½ ounces Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Parsley
- Add cottage cheese and evaporated milk to the jar of a Vitamix blender (or other high-powered blender); blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour cottage cheese mixture into a sauce pan over medium high heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese. garlic, and white pepper. Cook, stirring often, until sauce has thickened, 15 to 20 minutes; stir in parsley.
- Serve on pasta of your choice, or use with other recipes that incorporate Alfredo sauce.
Keyword Black Pepper, Cottage Cheese, Evaporated Milk, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley