How to make the best Southern Collard Greens! Full of flavorful ingredients and easy to make.
- 2 bunches Collard Greens
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onions Diced
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 4-5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Turkey Leg Fully-cooked
- 1 Tbsp White Distilled Vinegar
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- Large Pot
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add onions and saute until tender.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the broth and add the turkey leg. Bring to a boil.
- Add collard greens and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook collard for 1 hour (or longer depending on your desired tenderness), stirring regularly.
- Once done, stir and then taste the broth and the greens. (add a little water if the broth is too bold for your liking)
- Stir in vinegar and smoked salt, and black pepper if desired.
- Serve collard greens with pieces of the smoked turkey leg and hot sauce if desired.
Keyword Bell Pepper, Chicken Broth, Collard Greens, Garlic, Olive Oil, Onion, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, Turkey, White Distilled Vinegar