- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 stalks Celery Finely diced
- 1 Onion Small, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Flour All-purpose
- 1 can Potatoes 15 ounces, diced, drained
- can Clam Juice 10½ ounces
- 1 can Clams 6½ ounces, chopped
- 1 cup Milk
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- Oyster Crackers Optional; for serving
- Large Pot
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering, then cook celery and onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the potatoes, clam juice, clams (with their liquid), and milk. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat and then reduce to low; simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with oyster crackers, if desired.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, AP Flour, Canned Clams, Canned Potatoes, Celery, Clam Juice, Clams, Flour, Milk, Olive Oil, Onion, Onions, Oyster Crackers, Potato, Potatoes, Seafood, Soup