- 1 Chicken 4-6 pounds, thawed
- 2 Carrots Large
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 2 Onions Small
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Large Pot
- Large Colander
- Fill large pot half full with water, and bring to a boil.
- While water is heating, chop the vegetables into chunks.
- When water is boiling, add the chicken and chopped vegetables, then add enough water to cover the chicken or within an inch of the rim.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for one hour- until chicken is fully cooked.
- After chicken is fully cooked, remove the chicken and strip the meat from the bones.
- Return the bones to the stock. Simmer for at least 4 hours (the longer the better).
- Strain the vegetables and chicken leftovers from the stock.
- Place the stock in the fridge overnight.
- Next day: Skim the fat from the top.
Keyword Bay Leaves, Carrot, Carrots, Chicken, Chicken Stock, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Garlic Powder, Onion, Onions