- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Minced
- 2 cups Carrots Sliced
- 1 cup Onion Chopped
- ½ cup Celery Chopped
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 cups Chicken Cooked, shredded or diced
- 6 cups Chicken Broth Low-sodium
- 2 cups Egg Noodles Cooked, whole grain
- Large Pot
- Place a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add oil, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots and sauté for about 7-10 minutes or until vegetables began to soften.
- Add seasonings and stir.
- Add cooked shredded/diced chicken and stir.
- Add broth and bring to a gentle boil, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked egg noodles, let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Any boneless/skinless chicken part may be used for this recipe.
- Turkey can also be used instead of chicken.
- 2 cups of any cooked grain can be used instead of whole grain egg noodles (your favorite pasta, gluten-free pasta, rice, etc.)
- Soup freezes well. Make ahead and freeze for a cold or sick day.
Keyword Black Pepper, Carrots, Celery, Chicken, Chicken Broth, Egg Noodles, Garlic, Onion, Rosemary, Sage, Salt, Thyme, Vegetable Oil