- 1 pound Chicken Breast Boneless, skinless
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1½ Tablespoons Oil Canola or vegetable
- 2 Bell Pepper 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper
- 1 Onion Medium
- 6 Tortillas 8-inch; whole wheat
- 12-inch Skillet
- Freeze chicken 30 minutes until firm and easier to cut. Cut chicken into 1⁄4-inch strips. Place in a single layer on a plate. Wash hands, knife, and cutting board. Sprinkle both sides of strips with chili and garlic powder.
- Add oil to a 12-inch skillet. Heat to medium high. Add chicken strips. Cook about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bell peppers and onion. Stir and cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink. (Heat chicken to at least 165°F).
- Scoop chicken mixture (¾ cup each) onto tortillas. Top with your favorite toppings.
- Serve flat or rolled.
- Serve with toppings of your choice: 1 cup chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeño
- Beef or pork can be used instead of beans or chicken.
- Use corn tortillas instead of whole wheat.
- Heat cold tortillas to make them easier to fold. Cover tortillas with a moist paper towel and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Use plastic gloves to handle hot peppers. If you don’t have gloves, wash your hands with soap and water before touching your face, cooking utensils, or another person.
Keyword Chicken, Chili Powder, Flour Tortillas, Garlic Powder, Green Bell Pepper, Onion, Onions, Red Pepper, Tortillas, Whole Wheat Tortillas, Yellow Bell Pepper