- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Celery Stalks Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 can Carrots Drained and rinsed
- 2 cans Chicken Drained
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup Condensed
- 1½ cups Water Divided
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- 1 package Pancake Mix
- Large Pot with Lid
- Small Bowl
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots. Cover and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add chicken, soup, ½ cup water, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together pancake mix and remaining cup of water.
- Drop by tablespoons onto stew mixture. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then uncover and cook for 10 minutes more, or until dumplings are cooked through.
- Canned carrots can be replaced with fresh carrots, peas, or green beans.
Keyword Carrot, Carrots, Celery, Chicken, Cream of Chicken Soup, Onion, Onions, Pancake Mix, Pancakes