Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Bake
A great recipe to use leftover chicken that has been properly handled combined with broccoli, cheese, onions, garlic, and brown rice to create a quick dinner.
- 5 cups Water
- 2 1/2 cups Rice White or brown
- 1/4 cup Onion Chopped
- 1 Garlic clove Chopped
- 1 cup Milk Low-fat
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup 10.75 oz, 98% fat-free
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese Grated, low-fat
- 2 cups Chicken Shredded, cooked
- 2 cups Broccoli Pieces
- Baking Dish 9×13
- Large Saucepan
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In large saucepan, bring water to boil. Add rice, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 20 minutes or until rice is soft.
- While rice is cooking combine milk, soup, salt, and pepper, mix well. When rice is done combine with milk mixture, chicken and broccoli, mix well.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan and pour mixture into pan. Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Keyword Black Pepper, Broccoli, Cheddar Cheese, Chicken, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Garlic Cloves, Milk, Onion, Rice, Salt