- 1 pound Pinto Beans Dried
- 6 cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 ounces Green Chilis
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 14½ ounces
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Colby Jack Cheese Shredded
- Large Pot
- Rinse and soak beans overnight. Then drain and rinse beans.
- Transfer beans to a large pot, and add the 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Decrease the heat to medium-low and partially cover with lid. Simmer beans for one hour, until beans are soft with a small amount of liquid remaining.
- Add the chilis and diced tomatoes. Simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When most of the liquid has evaporated, turn heat to low and add salt.
- Mash the beans with a potato masher, fork, or blender.
- Stir in the cheese, and serve hot.
Keyword Beans, Cheese, Chili Powder, Colby Jack Cheese, Cumin, Diced Tomatoes, Dip, Garlic Powder, Green Chilies, Onion Powder, Pinto Beans, Tomato, Tomatoes