This recipe is a staple in Mexico. Raw seafood is cooked by the lime juice! You would never know the seafood was not cooked prior to serving. Make sure to always use the freshest ingredients! You may substitute many types of seafood for scallops, for example: halibut, red snapper, flounder, or swordfish.
- 1 pound Scallops
- 8 Limes Juiced
- 2 Tomatoes Diced
- 5 Green Onions Minced
- 2 stalks Celery Sliced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper Minced
- 1/2 cup Parsley Fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1/8 cup Cilantro Fresh, chopped
- Medium Bowl
- Rinse scallops and place in a medium sized bowl. Pour lime juice over the scallops. The scallops should be completely immersed in the lime juice. Chill the lime juice and scallops all day or overnight until scallops are opaque (you cannot see through them).
- Empty 1/2 of the lime juice from the bowl. Add tomatoes, green onions, celery, green bell pepper, parsley, black pepper, olive oil, and cilantro to the scallop mixture. Stir gently. Serve this dish in fancy glasses with a slice of lime hanging over the rim for effect.
Keyword Celery, Fresh Cilantro, Fresh Parsley, Green Bell Pepper, Green Onions, Ground Black Pepper, Lime, Scallops, Tomatoes, Vegetable Oil