- 1 1/2 lbs Carrots 6-8 medium carrots
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash carrots well to remove dirt.
- Cut carrots into 3-inch strips, or “coins” if you want to call them carrot chips.
- Place carrots, olive oil, cumin, and salt in a bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Place carrots on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning carrots after the first 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and enjoy!
- For a different taste sensation try cardamom or cinnamon instead of cumin or another spice, herb, or seasoning. Have the children do a naming contest for their favorite variety, such as Cardamom Carrot Crunchies. This is a fabulous activity to teach children about marketing while also engaging them in healthier food choices!
Keyword Carrots, Ground Cumin, Olive Oil, Salt