Enjoy this side dish for a Thanksgiving treat or anytime yams are in season.
- 1½ cups Yams
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 tsp All-Purpose Flour Sifted
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Orange Peel
- 1 tsp Margarine Unsalted
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Dish
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cut yams in half and boil until tender, but firm (about 20 minutes). When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel.
- Place half of sliced yams in medium-sized casserole dish. Sprinkle with spiced sugar mixture.
- Dot with half the amount of margarine.
- Add second layer of yams, using the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Add orange juice.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Margarine, Orange Juice, Orange Peel, Salt, Yams