- 1 Onion Yellow
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Carrots
- 4 stalks Celery
- 1 Bell Pepper Green
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 ounces
- 1 can Tomato Sauce 8 ounces
- ½ pound Green Beans Frozen
- ¼ cup Parsley Chopped
- ½ Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Oregano Dried
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 6 cups Cabbage Chopped; ½ head
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Large Pot with Lid
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Add the onion, garlic, and olive oil to a large soup pot and sauté over medium heat until the onions are soft.
- While the onion and garlic are sautéing, peel and slice the carrots, chop the celery, and dice the bell pepper. Add the carrot, celery, and bell pepper to the pot. Continue to sauté as you measure the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with juices), tomato sauce, frozen green beans, chopped parsley, paprika, oregano, thyme, and pepper. Continue to stir and cook while you chop the cabbage.
- Chop the cabbage into 1-inch pieces. Add the cabbage to the pot along with the vegetable broth and stir to combine.
- Place a lid on the pot, turn the heat up to medium-high, and allow the soup to come to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and allow continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes or until the cabbage is to your desired tenderness.
- Once the cabbage is tender, season the soup with salt, starting with ½ tsp and adding more to your liking. Finish the soup by adding the lemon juice and stirring to combine. Serve hot with crusty bread for dipping (if you like).
Keyword Bell Pepper, Bell Peppers, Broth, Cabbage, Carrot, Carrots, Celery, Diced Tomatoes, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Gluten Free, Green Beans, Green Bell Pepper, Ground Black Pepper, Lemon, Lemon Juice, Oil, Olive Oil, Onion, Onions, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Thyme, Tomato Sauce, Tomatoes, Vegan, Vegetable Broth, Vegetarian