- Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pancake Mix
- ¾ cup Cheese Shredded, divided
- ⅓ cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 2 cans Chicken Drained
- 1 jar Salsa
- 1 can Black Beans Drained and rinsed
- 1 can Corn Drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Avocado Optional
- 6 Large Ramekins or 6-Cup Jumbo Muffin Tin
- Mixing Bowl
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 6 ramekins or a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir pancake mix, ½ cup of cheese, water, and egg until a soft dough forms.
- In a saucepan, heat chicken, salsa, beans, corn, and cumin to boiling. Remove from heat, fold in avocado if using.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among ramekins.
- Spoon pancake mix mixture on top. It might not cover the entire top; that is okay.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until filling is bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- Vegetables such as peas or green beans could be used instead of the corn.
Keyword Beans, Black Beans, Cheddar Cheese, Cheese, Chicken, Corn, Cumin, Eggs, Pancake Mix, Pancakes, Salsa