Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
This Buffalo cauliflower is a great substitution for Buffalo wings and can be made gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian. Make sure to coat your cookie sheet well with oil, or the cauliflower will stick.
- 1 cup Water
- Cooking Spray
- ¾ cups Flour Gluten free
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt To taste
- Black Pepper To taste
- 2 heads Cauliflower Cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup Red Hot Sauce E.g., Franks
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Baking Sheet
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together water, flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until batter is smooth and somewhat runny.
- Add cauliflower pieces to batter and mix until evenly coated; spread onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in hot pepper sauce and honey until smooth.
- Brush hot sauce mixture over each cauliflower piece, repeating until all is used.
- Return to the oven and bake until cauliflower is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- All-purpose flour can be used in place of gluten-free if desired. Since gluten-free flour uses less liquid than wheat flour, you may have to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe.
Keyword AP Flour, Black Pepper, Butter, Cauliflower, Frank’s Red Hot, Garlic Powder, Honey, Water