Broccoli Rice Casserole
In the mood for a comfort food classic? Try this old-fashioned broccoli rice casserole recipe.
- 2 packages Broccoli Frozen, 10 ounces
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Celery Chopped
- 1 cup Onion Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5 ounces
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup 10.5 ounces
- ⅔ cup Milk Low-fat
- 8 ounces Shredded Cheese
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cups Brown Rice
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs
- Baking Dish 3-quart
- Microwave Safe Dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- Place broccoli and 2 tablespoons water in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes; add to broccoli in the bowl.
- Stir in condensed soups, shredded cheese, milk, mustard, paprika, and pepper. Stir in rice until combined; spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Combine panko with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle evenly on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and bubbly, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chopped ham or cooked chicken to make this a more hearty main dish.
Keyword Bread Crumbs, Broccoli, Butter, Cheese, Condensed Soup, Dijon Mustard, Garlic, Milk, Rice