Black Bean Salsa
Simple and fresh, black bean salsa is incredibly easy to whip together at home when you're looking for an alternative to the traditional red tomato one.
- 1 can Black Beans 15oz, drained and rinsed, no salt added
- 1 cup Corn Canned or frozen
- 2 Tomatoes Plum, chopped
- 1 medium Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Chopped
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 1/3 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Gather the ingredients.
- Drain entire can of black beans and rinse thoroughly. Toss beans with thawed corn kernels.
- Toss tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and garlic together with black beans and corn.
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt in a glass measuring cup or small bowl.
- Pour lime juice mixture over black bean mixture and gently toss, being careful to not break up the beans. Top with chopped cilantro.
- Allow salsa to sit covered in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes so flavors can meld. Serve with tortilla chips or on top of tacos.
Keyword Black Beans, Cilantro, Corn, Lime, Red Onion, Tomatoes