- 1 can Black Beans 15 ounces; drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Oil Canola or vegetable
- 2 Bell Pepper 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper; thinly sliced
- 1 Onion Medium, thinly sliced
- 6 Tortillas 8-inch; whole wheat
- 12-inch Skillet
- Add oil to a 12-inch skillet. Heat to medium high.
- Add bell peppers and onion. Stir and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add drain and rinsed black beans, chili powder, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine and heat thoroughly.
- Scoop mixture (¾ cup each) onto tortillas. Top with your favorite toppings.
- Serve flat or rolled.
- Topping ideas: 1 cup chopped tomato, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeño pepper.
- Can use corn tortillas instead of whole wheat.
- Heat cold tortillas to make them easier to fold. Cover tortillas with a moist paper towel and heat for 30 seconds in the microwaves.
- Use plastic gloves to handle hot peppers. If you don’t have gloves, wash your hands with soap and water before touching your face, cooking utensils or another person.
Keyword Beans, Bell Pepper, Black Beans, Chili Powder, Flour Tortillas, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Garlic Powder, Green Bell Pepper, Green Pepper, Onion, Tortillas, Vegan, Vegetarian, Whole Wheat Tortillas, Yellow Bell Pepper