Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadilla
Enjoy a simple twist on the classical quesadilla. These quesadillas can be served as a tasty lunch, dinner, or side dish.
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Sweet Potato Medium, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 Onion Small, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream Low-Fat
- 1/2 Chili Pepper Large
- 8 Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- Medium Size Pan
- Saute onion and garlic (using nonstick cooking spray) in a medium size pan until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, black beans, spices, and chili pepper.
- Heat until just warm.
- Spread potato mixture over tortilla, then top with baby spinach, cheese, and onion.
- Top with second tortilla.
- Heat a pan on high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown quesadilla about one minute on each side, untill the inside is warm and the cheese is melted.
Keyword Baby Spinach, Black Beans, Cheddar Cheese, Chili Pepper, Cooking Spray, Cumin, Onion, Paprika, Sour Cream, Sweet Potato, Whole Wheat Tortillas