Black Bean and Couscous Salad
This simple recipe is perfect for dinner tonight and a packed lunch tomorrow. It's full of colorful veggies and is filling and tasty.
- ½ cup Chicken Broth Low-sodium
- ½ cup Couscous Uncooked
- 1½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 can Black Beans 15 ounce, drained, and rinsed
- ½ Onion Medium, minced
- ½ Bell Pepper Red or green
- 1 cup Corn Low-sodium
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro Chopped
- Mixing Bowl
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Before starting to prepare the recipe:– Wash red or green pepper and cilantro (if using).– Wash and juice the lime into a small bowl (if using).– Drain and rinse the black beans and corn (if using canned corn).– Collect, mince, and measure all ingredients.
- Bring broth to a boil in a small pot, and stir in couscous.
- Cover the pot, and remove it from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, cumin, and lime juice (if using).
- Add beans, onion, red or green pepper, and corn to the vinegar and oil mixture, and toss.
- Fluff the couscous well with a fork, breaking up any chunks. Add to beans and vegetables, and mix well.
- Taste. Add salt and black pepper if desired.
- Add cilantro (if using) and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3 to 5 days.
Keyword Apple Cider Vinegar, Black Beans, Chicken Broth, Cilantro, Corn, Couscous, Cumin, Green Pepper, Lime Juice, Onion