Serve this tasty topping over ice cream or baked goods, hot or cold.
- 16 ounces Berries Frozen; any kind
- 1¼ cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons Corn Starch
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Small Saucepan
- Small Bowl
- In a small saucepan, place the frozen berries, sugar, vanilla, and 1 cup of water. Heat over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a low boil, and berries begin to soften and come unstuck.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and ¼ cup water, and add to the saucepan while the saucepan is on the stove.
- Turn the heat down, and let the mixture simmer until it is thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve hot or cold, over ice cream, cakes, muffins, or biscuits.
Keyword Berry Sauce, Frozen Berries, Frozen Blueberries, Frozen Fruit, Gluten Free, Sugar, Vegan, Vegetarian