- 1 can Beef 24 ounces, undrained
- 4 Carrots Medium, chopped
- 4 stalks Celery Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 4 Potatoes Peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can Tomato Sauce 15 ounces, low-sodium
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes 15 ounces
- 1 can Peas Optional; undrained
- 1 can Corn Optional; drained and rinsed
- 1 can Green Beans Optional; drained and rinsed
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¼ cup Water If needed
- Stock Pot with Lid
- Add canned beef to a stock pot over medium heat. Cook and shred the beef until warmed.
- Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the beef; cook until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes (you may add a tablespoon of cooking oil if the mixture is too dry).
- Add potatoes, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, peas, corn, and green beans to the pot and season with black pepper. Add the thyme and bay leaf. Add the ¼ cup of water if needed.
- Bring the soup to a simmer, place a lid on the pot, and cook, stirring occasionally and adding additional water if needed, until potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes.
Keyword Bay Leaf, Bay Leaves, Beef, Canned Beef, Carrot, Carrots, Celery, Corn, Crushed Tomatoes, Green Beans, Ground Black Pepper, Onion, Onions, Peas, Potato, Potatoes, Thyme, Tomato, Tomato Sauce, Tomatoes