Topped with oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon, these baked pears make the perfect low-calorie cobbler-like treat! Serve them with a side of ice cream for a delicious dessert, or eat them in the morning with some yogurt for a perfectly sweet start to your day.
- 3 Pears
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 dash Salt
- ¼ cup Butter Cut into pieces
- Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit, and spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the pears, then slice vertically down the center of each pear.
- Use a melon baller or a spoon to spoon out the seeds and create a small section to fill with the topping. I also like to cut off a small section in the back of each pear to help them lay flat in the baking dish.
- Place the pears in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Toss the pieces of butter in with the ingredients and use a pastry blender, two knives, your fingers, or anything else to cut the butter in until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the pears in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until pears are fork tender.
- Serve with ice cream on top and/or a drizzle of honey for extra sweetness!
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, Brown Sugar, Butter, Cinnamon, Pears, Rolled Oats, Salt