- 3 cups Oats Old-fashioned
- ⅔ cup Walnuts Optional; chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon Ground
- ¼ teaspoon Allspice
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg Ground
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¾ cups Milk
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup Or honey or sugar
- 2 Eggs Large
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Unsalted; melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Applesauce Unsweetened
- 1 ½ cups Carrots Grated
- ½ cup Raisins Optional
- 9×9-inch Baking Pan
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt the butter and let cool.
- Optional: toast the chopped walnuts for 4 to 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Grease a 9×9-inch baking pan.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the milk, maple syrup (or honey or sugar), eggs, butter, vanilla, and applesauce.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the oats, nuts (optional), spices, baking power, and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then fold in the carrots and raisins.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Keyword Almond Milk, Applesauce, Carrot, Carrots, Cinnamon, Eggs, Maple Syrup, Milk, Nutmeg, Oatmeal, Oats, Quick Oats, Raisins, Rolled Oats, Shredded Carrot, Walnuts