- 2 pounds Chicken Boneless pieces
- 3 cups Cornflakes Cereal
- ⅓ cup Flour Whole wheat
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs Large
- ¼ cup Milk Non-fat
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 Medium Bowls
- Baking Sheet
- Food Thermometer
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove skin, if any, from chicken pieces. If working with large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise for faster cooking time. Trim any excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, crush cornflakes.
- In a second medium bowl, mix flour, salt, and black pepper.
- In a third medium bowl, add eggs and milk. Beat with a fork.
- Dip each chicken piece into flour, then egg mixture, then cornflakes. Each piece should be fully coated with flakes.
- Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken pieces on sheet, evenly spaced. Spray pieces lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- For extra flavor, add ½ to 1 teaspoon of spices, such as paprika, chili powder, dried thyme, rosemary, or oregano, to salt and pepper to season chicken.
- For lowest price, use a whole chicken and cut into parts.
- To crush cornflakes easily, place in bowl and crush using the bottom of a measuring cup. Or, place in a large zip-top plastic bag and crush using your fists or the bottom of a measuring cup.
- If using bone-in chicken, adjust cooking time to 35-40 minutes. Be sure it still reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F. If cornflake crust starts browning too much before chicken is fully cooked, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Serve with a colorful vegetable or fruit side dish.
Keyword Almond Milk, Baked Chicken, Breading, Buttermilk, Chicken, Cornflakes, Dry Milk, Eggs, Flaked Chicken, Milk, Whole Wheat Flour