- 4 cups Potatoes About 4 medium
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Fish Fillets About 3 ounces, thawed
- 3 cups Cornflakes
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Flour
- Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Ziplock Bag
- The potato chips take longer to bake. Once they are in the oven prepare the fish.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scrub potatoes under running water using a clean vegetable brush. Cut in half and then into 1⁄4 inch slices.
- Combine potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir so potatoes are covered with oil.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and lay slices out in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes over and bake for 15 minutes more, for a total of 30 minutes.
- Cut each fillet into two strips.
- Place cornflakes in a plastic bag. Crush by rolling a glass over the bag.
- Beat egg and water together in a bowl.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Put flour on a dish. Dip each strip into flour, then egg mixture, then cornflakes.
- Place fish on the sheet and bake in over for 15 minutes until fish is 145°F or flakes easily with a fork.
- For tartar sauce, stir together 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons pickle relish.
- Line baking pans with foil for easy cleanup.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, Bell Pepper, Cornflakes, Egg, Fish, Potatoes, Salt, Vegetable Oil