- ¼ cup Olive Oil Divided
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 4 fillets Catfish
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- Lemon Optional; wedges for serving
- Baking Sheet
- Large Plate
- Preheat oven to 425° and drizzle 2 Tablespoons oil on a large baking sheet. On a large plate, combine cornmeal and Cajun seasoning. Season catfish with salt and pepper, then dredge fish in seasoned cornmeal, pressing to coat.
- Place fish on prepared baking sheet and drizzle with remaining 2 Tablespoons oil. Bake until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
- In a pinch, you can substitute cornmeal for wheat flour or bread crumbs.
- See this recipe to make your own Cajun seasoning.
Keyword Bread Crumbs, Cajun Seasoning, Catfish, Cornmeal, Ground Black Pepper, Lemon, Oil, Olive Oil, Raw Catfish, Salt