Applesauce Loaf Cake
Cinnamon, nutmeg, and toasted walnuts make this loaf cake taste as great as it smells.
- ½ cup Walnuts Chopped
- 1½ cups Applesauce Unsweetened
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Raisins
- 2 Loaf Pan 8x4x2 inch
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Wash hands well with soap and warm water.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 °F. Grease two 8x4x2 inch loaf pans.
- Toast walnuts in an ungreased skillet pan. Stir while heating on medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes. They are done when they are brown and smell nutty. Set aside to cool.
- Mix applesauce, egg, sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a smaller bowl.
- Pour flour mixture into applesauce mixture.
- Stir in raisins and cooled toasted nuts.
- Pour half of the batter into each greased pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the oven. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to finish cooling. For best taste, let cakes cool a few hours before serving.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, Applesauce, Cinnamon, Egg, Ground Nutmeg, Raisin, Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Walnuts