This simple spice cookie is based on applesauce.
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Margarine Or butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 2½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1½ cup Applesauce Unsweetened
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Nuts Chopped
- Baking Sheet
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Prepare pan or cookie sheet (see below).
- Cream together sugar, shortening, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Stir flour mixture into shortening mixture just until moist.
- Add applesauce, raisins, and nuts (if using).
- For Cookies: Drop dough by heaping teaspoon several inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 °F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- For Cake: Bake at 350 °F in an 8×8 inch pan for 40 minutes.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Egg, Margarine, Nuts, Raisins, Sugar