- 3 Apples About 4 cups sliced, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 Butternut Squash About 6 cups sliced, peeled and cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons Cinnamon
- 8×8-inch Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut apples into ½-inch slices leaving the skin on.
- Peel, cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and cut the squash into ½-inch slices. (See tip at the bottom of the page).
- Alternate layers of squash, apples, nutmeg, and cinnamon in an 8×8-inch pan, ending with apples on the top layer.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for about 45–60 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Remove foil and bake another 10–15 minutes to remove any accumulated excess liquid.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Cut the ends off of the squash and microwave on high for about 3 seconds on a microwave-safe plate to make peeling easier.
Keyword Apple, Apples, Butternut Squash, Cinnamon, Gluten Free, Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Squash, Vegan, Vegetarian